Educational quality in a Christian college setting is essential.
Southeastern Baptist College is dedicated to providing quality education for each and every student. Our administration assesses classes, programs, and degree plans on a consistent basis as part of our mission for excellence.
SBC is accredited by the:
- The Association for Biblical Higher Education in Canada and the United States (ABHE)
- U.S. Department of Education Southeastern Baptist College is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, as an accredited post-secondary institution through The Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). We have proudly been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, as accredited since 1988.
- Southeastern is accredited on the state level by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA). The MCCA has statutory authority and duty to approve all colleges and universities or other entities that offer one or more postsecondary academic degrees and are domiciled, incorporated, or otherwise located in the State of Mississippi.
- CHEA – Council for Higher Education Accreditation A national advocate and institutional voice for academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is a U.S. association of degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. CHEA is the only national organization focused exclusively on higher education accreditation and quality assurance. One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 510, Washington, DC 20036 Tel: (202) 955-6126 Fax: (202) 915-0818 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is a major national voice and advocate for higher education accreditation and quality assurance.
- Scrutinizes accrediting organizations for their effectiveness in advancing academic quality and serving higher education, students, and the public.
- Recognizes U.S. accrediting organizations, including regional, national career-related, national faith-related, and programmatic accrediting organizations.
- Serves as a national and international authority on accreditation and quality assurance and an unsurpassed information resource.
- Supports and works to advance the role of accreditation in maintaining the core academic values of higher education – commitments to institutional autonomy, academic freedom, and institutional mission.
- Provides a major national and international forum for communication and exchange among accrediting organizations, institutions, and programs.
- Is governed by a 20-person board of college and university presidents, institutional representatives, and public members.
Southeastern Baptist College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). Participation with the State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) grants reciprocity for enrollment of students in Southeastern Baptist College’s online distance learning programs. NC-SARA membership covers 49 states, excluding California. More information can be found at http://www.nc-sara.org.
California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) Exemption Southeastern Baptist College is currently not required to file for registration as an Out-of-State Institution with the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Non-public, higher education institutions that are degree-granting, non-profit, and accredited are exempt and need not register. (Ed. Code §94801.5(b)) More information can be found at https://www.bppe.ca.gov
Southeastern Baptist College is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation (5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels.